Tuesday, July 6, 2010

New Addition


We have a new addition at NinjaPonyRanch.
His name is Augie as named by NinjaPonyMom, and it seems to fit him pretty well. He comes to it so that's good enough for me. As a matter of fact, this little guy is so willing to be our dog that he came to his new name, like the first time we called him!
He blended right in as well, the picture you see here is of him in the truck with me...he knew I was his new dad and he was pretty happy about it. He sleeps on the bed..no question. When Johnny Ballistic told him that he was boss dog in these parts Augie just said "as if"! Augie is 11 years old and is very fast and adept, he loves to play and likes having a brother and sisters...he licks everyones face. He also likes to chase the horses...we're working on that.
When Augie and I got to the house from the Longmont Humane Society, he ran about the property and really seemed to grasp that this was his home, after he checked everything out he came over to me, sat on my foot and just smiled.
There's no way for me to prove this, but after having rescued several dogs....I think they know when they're being adopted, they know that you are their new dad or mom, and they know that this is their new home.
The thing we can't figure out is how we managed this long without Augie.

1 comment:

  1. That is a VERY lucky dog! I hope that I see him with you on the trails!

    ReplyDelete