Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Crew










I think its time to share with you the animals in my life, the ones we share our home with.






This is Johnny....or Johnny Ballistic....he's a Red Heeler, totally devoted to me and has the highest energy level of any animal I've ever known. He is in charge of security and chipmunk control at our place.










Next is Maizie, she is Johnny's Big Sister, Whompzilla comes to mind when I see them play.



Maizie is the most affectionate animal I've ever known, she snuggles like nobody's business, likes to cuddle up at the least provocation, and is Johnny's best friend. Maizie is in charge of perimeter security, and has a really deep bark.



These are the horses, on the left is Henry the Ninja Pony, a Shetland,next to him is Jupiter a 2000+lb big brother in the form of a Percheron, the black beauty in front is Ava a quarter horse mare, and one of the prettiest horses ever, and with her back facing the camera is Molly a Morgan mare,that is like the son I never had. She is curious about any kind of tool and frequently inspects the work I do around here. I'll post individual pics here soon.

And last, but certainly not least, is Ari, Ari is Mommy's Little Girl and has been the long-time companion of my mate. Ari is a mix of some sort we're not really sure what. She is like a brindle bullet as she is fast, energetic, totally devoted to Mommy and is the big sister of all the animals here. Absolutely nothing gets her down.....especially if there is a ball in the vicinity. She's a wonderful little girl and a great travel companion.

So, that's who we share our lives with ....all of these animals are rescues, some locally and some from pretty far away. The common thread in all these personalities is that they love us at least as much as we love them. Each has his or her distinct personality and all are a joy to spend time with.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for telling us about your family. What a beautiful crew. It was great to run into you and Mike in the woods yesterday. I love knowing that there are like-minded, mountain loving, forest-dwellers exploring the trails along with me. And, that's not mentioning the animal-loving part. We certainly share that. I hope that I see your canine crew in the woods with you sometime soon!

    I'm surprised that I've never spotted your horse crew from the road. You must be set back from the 'main' road a bit.

    ReplyDelete